Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The work described has not been published before. It is, however, acceptable that the work has already been published in the form of an abstract, as part of a thesis, as part of a published academic lecture or as an electronic preprint. In this case it must be indicated that the material has been submitted for publication in CERN Yellow Report: School Proceedings.
If in doubt about the above points (for example because you want to publish an updated version of a lecture given at a previous School, etc.) please contact CERN Publishing for further discussion.
- The work described is not under consideration for publication anywhere else, e.g in a journal or as a book.
- The publication of this contribution has been approved by all authors and by the authorities where the work has been carried out.
- The text has been written using the appropriate Word or Latex templates and adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Series.
- All illustrations, figures have been provided in the allowed formats (JPG, TIFF, PNG) and at a resolution of at least 300 DPIs. In case of a contribution in Word, all original files have been provided separately.
- Where available, DOIs and URLs for the references have been provided.
Submission to the proceedings of the CAS2017 - Beam Injection, Extraction and TransferIf you are a contributor of the proceedings of the 2017 CAS - CERN Accelerator School on Beam Injection, Extraction and Transfer, held in Italy in 2017, please select this section when you submit your paper.
Submission to the proceedings of the CAS2015 - Accelerators for Medical ApplicationsIf you are a contributor of the proceedings of the 2015 CAS- CERN Accelerator School on Accelerators for Medical Applications, held in Austria in 2015, please select this section when you submit your paper.
Submission to the proceedings of the CAS2016 – Free Electron Lasers and Energy Recovery LinacsIf you are a contributor of the proceedings of the 2016 CAS - CERN Accelerator School on Free Electron Lasers and Energy Recovery Linacs , held in Germany in 2016, please select this section when you submit your paper.
Submission to the proceedings of the CAS-2015 - Intensity Limitations in Particle BeamsIf you are a contributor of the proceedings of the 2015 CAS- CERN Accelerator School on Intensity Limitations in Particle beams, held at CERN in 2015, please select this section when you submit your paper.
Authors who publish with this publication agree to the following terms:
- CERN retains copyright and publishes the work licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this series.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this series.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).