Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
As a condition for submitting to CIJ, the author(s) ensure that they follow standard practices of retaining from plagiarism of their own or others’ works.
- If you are a new Author and do not have a CERN account, please create a CERN LightWeight Account at https://account.cern.ch/account/Externals/RegisterAccount.aspx. When you fill out the form, please provide your first and last name even if they are not mandatory.
- As a condition of final acceptance of a paper for publication in the CIJ, the author(s) must indicate if the paper is published somewhere else, posted on a website other than the author’s personal website or otherwise may be copyrighted. The author is responsible for ensuring that the submission to CIJ is not copyrighted and the CIJ will not be responsible for such infringements. The copyrights of the published papers remain at author(s) and are not transferred to CIJ.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The submission of a paper to CIJ for reviewing means that
(i) the author certifies that the manuscript is not copyrighted,
(ii) nor has it been accepted for publication (or published) by any peer-reviewed journal,
(iii) nor is it being reviewed elsewhere at the same time.
IdeaSquare Coffee papers
In addition to its main purpose of publishing experimental innovation research related results, CIJ also publishes more light, inspirational food-for-thought intended "IdeaSquare Coffee Papers". These pieces are collaborative efforts prepared by visiting researchers from various walks of life visiting or staying at CERN IdeaSquare premises. The identity of the contributing authors is kept anonymous (although known) but helpful hints can be found in the literature references. Editors of this section are Dr. Markus Nordberg and Valeria Brancolini.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).